Looking to create a specific filter query

AVARRIANNA ROXXZOR April 12, 2019

Hey All,

I'm trying to clear a lot of my backlog, and I'm stuck on where to go for a specific filter to find items I need to close.

This is my current query;

project = project AND resolution = Unresolved AND updatedDate < "2018/04/01" AND status = Backlog ORDER BY updated ASC, priority ASC

I'd like to be able to find those cases that have also recently been updated my myself and another user in a certain time period.

I searched through https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/search-139528.html and I don't think anything here applies to what I'm looking for.

Any assistance is appreciated!

Many thanks,

Tina. R

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ed Gaile
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2019

you can use 

AND status changed by <username>

so,

project = project AND resolution = Unresolved AND updatedDate < "2018/04/01" AND status = Backlog AND status changed by <username> ORDER BY updated ASC, priority ASC

No errors now! Many thanks :)

Like Ed Gaile likes this
0 votes
Ed Gaile
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2019

Hey Tina -

You should be able to just add a "changed by <username>" condition to the query (if I am understanding you question correctly).

i.e. 

project = project AND resolution = Unresolved AND updatedDate < "2018/04/01" AND status = Backlog AND changed by <username> ORDER BY updated ASC, priority ASC

-Ed

project = project AND resolution = Unresolved AND updatedDate < "2018/04/01" AND status = Backlog AND 'changed' = '<username>' ORDER BY updated ASC, priority ASC

It insisted on the quotes and I got a new error;

Field 'changed' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

I'm assuming this is where I need to implement a specific toolkit plugin?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/5142/toolkit-plugin-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

Ed Gaile
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2019

use 'changed by' not 'changed ='  

project = project AND resolution = Unresolved AND updatedDate < "2018/04/01" AND status = Backlog AND changed by <username> ORDER BY updated ASC, priority ASC

Ed Gaile
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2019

Sorry that's not right - one sec

Suggest an answer