Logging Multiple Issues

Walter Reginald Carreon February 1, 2016

Hi,

I would like to ask how can I log multiple issues in JIRA?

For example I have an excel file which contains the details of the issues, can this be supported?

7 answers

If we use the excel import facility, will we be able to extract the records we uploaded?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2016

What? What do you mean extract?

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2016

As Ram indicates, you can use the Administration CSV Import utility – https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/importing-data-from-csv-185729516.html

For users without Administration Permissions, there's a lighter version of the CSV import documented here – https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/creating-issues-using-the-csv-importer-636420874.html

These are NOT the same tool – The Admin-only utility is much more complex. The User utility is much more friendly.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2016

I am agree with @Ram Chavan

0 votes

We need to create new ones.

For example, a person encountered a problem, but the same problem is encountered by another person on the same time, let's say like network disconnection. The users, the one who's handling the complain, will need to input the same issue multiple times, just with a different value for the field e.g. "Reporter".

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2016

Let define: do you need to create issues or update existed ones?

0 votes

Yes from time to time we will need to create multiple issues in case our users encounter multiple problems.

Are there other ways to do it aside from scripts? Because we would like our users to do the creation of issues from JIRA page itself not via backend.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2016

It seems that you need some script to do it. Is there a lot of issues?

Suggest an answer