Loading JIRA Dashboard will go to Google Search

doradoliz September 24, 2018

Hello,

Is anybody encountering the same issue?

When I try refresh the page (place the cursor in the address field and Enter)

DB1.png

It goes to google search automatically.

db2.png

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2018

Also, remove the "? select page ID" part of the url you are giving it - that looks wrong to me, so your browser is running off to search.

Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2018

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-,

• For Cloud instances, the JIRA dashboard url does not contain selectPageId param. I agree with you in this case.
  • For Server instances, the JIRA dashboard url contains selectPageId param. Looks like @doradoliz is working on server instance.

Regards,

Ravi Varma

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2018

I know that, but with the parameters, the dashboard could be loading something iffy and it's going directly to a page that may not be accessible and/or require log in.

I'm asking to drop it because it's a poor thing to test with.  We need to see what the base url does.

0 votes
Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2018

Hi @doradoliz,

Your system is not able to resolve the JIRA server address (You have blurred the server address in the image).

Please speak to your system/network administrator to make sure that the server address is valid. 

Regards,

Ravi Varma

doradoliz September 25, 2018

@Ravi Varma The JIRA link is correct

I think I found the issue

Notice in the below it can open the Dashboard

add1.png

Select a panel and maximize.

It adds "#Two-Dimensional-Filter-Statistics/18749"

add2.png

Then click Restore but it still has # in it. Press Enter from Address bar

add3.png

And it went directly to google search

add4.png

doradoliz September 26, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- have you checked the above issue?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2018

Yep.  Your system is not able to resolve the JIRA server address.

doradoliz September 26, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I don't this is our network issue though. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2018

It might not be the network, it might be the client machine (i.e. the browser).  But whatever it is, it's not a Jira problem, it's that your machine is not resolving the url to the right place and the browser is taking it as you wanting to search instead of to the url.  It's happening before Jira is reached.

Suggest an answer