Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Loading JIRA Dashboard will go to Google Search

Hello,

Is anybody encountering the same issue?

When I try refresh the page (place the cursor in the address field and Enter)

DB1.png

It goes to google search automatically.

db2.png

2 answers

Hi @doradoliz,

Your system is not able to resolve the JIRA server address (You have blurred the server address in the image).

Please speak to your system/network administrator to make sure that the server address is valid. 

Regards,

Ravi Varma

@Ravi Varma _Bob Swift Atlassian Apps_ The JIRA link is correct

I think I found the issue

Notice in the below it can open the Dashboard

add1.png

Select a panel and maximize.

It adds "#Two-Dimensional-Filter-Statistics/18749"

add2.png

Then click Restore but it still has # in it. Press Enter from Address bar

add3.png

And it went directly to google search

add4.png

@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ have you checked the above issue?

Yep.  Your system is not able to resolve the JIRA server address.

@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ I don't this is our network issue though. 

It might not be the network, it might be the client machine (i.e. the browser).  But whatever it is, it's not a Jira problem, it's that your machine is not resolving the url to the right place and the browser is taking it as you wanting to search instead of to the url.  It's happening before Jira is reached.

0 votes

Also, remove the "? select page ID" part of the url you are giving it - that looks wrong to me, so your browser is running off to search.

Hi @Nic Brough _Adaptavist_,

• For Cloud instances, the JIRA dashboard url does not contain selectPageId param. I agree with you in this case.
  • For Server instances, the JIRA dashboard url contains selectPageId param. Looks like @doradoliz is working on server instance.

Regards,

Ravi Varma

I know that, but with the parameters, the dashboard could be loading something iffy and it's going directly to a page that may not be accessible and/or require log in.

I'm asking to drop it because it's a poor thing to test with.  We need to see what the base url does.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,934 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you