Kanban board - multiple filters

madeleine May 4, 2020

I'm looking to apply JQL rules to able able to view our board with:

1. The 'Done' column by 'updated date', descending to show tasks completed most recently at the top of the column 

2. and rank the 'ready' column in priority order

I attempted to amend the JQL query myself, from a rank query to:

project = TEST ORDER BY updatedDate DESC 

This solves point 1 above, but I've lost the ability to rank so am looking for a query to solve 1 & 2. 

Any tips would be most welcome. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2020

Hi Madeleine - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can't sort columns separately on a board. You can only have one sorting for the entire board. And even that is not usually a good idea because as soon you add the sort to your filter, you lose the ability to drag cards up and down in the column to prioritize (rank) them. 

Columns should show the priority of the cards from the top down for standard Kanban function. 

Just curious what your team is trying to accomplish by sorting in that fashion. 

madeleine May 4, 2020

Thanks John. 

It was on the Done column only that we were looking for it to be ranked by date, so items completed most recently were at the top of the column. We show items resolved in the last two weeks so the column gets rather long. If its not do-able, we will stick to rank order. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2020

For cases like that, I actually create a separate board that only shows the Done column. Then you can order it any way you want there.  :-)

But we do weekly releases to clear the boards so they don't build up that long anyway. It also gives us a good idea of our Throughput for the week. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events