Jira - Slack integration problems

Edgar Sierra February 3, 2021

Hi All!!

I have a Jira Clound - Slack integration. I would like to see in a specific Slack Channel ONLY the issues that go (transition) from "Ready to Deploy" to "Done".

I currently have the below setup but it is not working! All and every ticket that transition to "Done" even if it was not previously in "Ready to Deploy" is making it to the Slack Channel.

Any idea on how to properly configure this (see in a specific Slack Channel ONLY the issues that go (transition) from "Ready to Deploy" to "Done")?

Jira Slack integration filters1.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021

Hi @Edgar Sierra , 

you can use the following JQL to only get issues using the Ready to Deploy to Done transition : 

status changed from "Ready to Deploy" to "Done"

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Edgar Sierra February 3, 2021

That didn't work :(

We updated the JQL, created a ticket and move it through the flow, the ticket did not make it to the Slack Channel...

Luiz Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2021

Hi @Edgar Sierra 

The status changed from clause should work but you still have to select Done in Status is transitioned to field.

I was able to replicate such configuration successfully, just with a different status name:

status-cahnged-config.png

Hope that helps. Cheers!

Edgar Sierra February 12, 2021

Hi @Luiz Silva ,

That did not work either :( 

This is the config we setup yesterday

Jira Slack integration filters3.JPG

And today we got

Jira Slack integration result.JPG

Luiz Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2021

Hi, @Edgar Sierra 

I just found that there's a bug in Jira that makes the "status changed" JQL criteria to be unreliable on NextGen projects. Here are two related tickets:

1. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70797
  2. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21154

For what's worth, I had done my previous test on a classic project. I double-checked it today and I confirmed it works on a classic project but it does not work on a NextGen project.

I have reported this internally but consider voting on those issues to help the Jira team to prioritize it.

Like Edgar Sierra likes this
Edgar Sierra February 25, 2021

Hi Luiz!

Our projects were not "Next generation" projects, however, after the changes we made based on your suggestion, most of the projects were working ok except for two of them (like 2 out of 7), for those ones, we removed the config and re-set the same suggested setup, that seems to be working for now. We will be monitoring the channel everyday but now seems everything is working as expected!! thank you very much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events