Jira 7 with Postgresql 10 says database not empty

I have a clean install of postgresql 10 and JIRA 7 on RHEL 7. I have created a database in the public schema and given a JIRA user full access to the database and there is nothing in it.
Why is the setup UI telling me the database is not empty when I test the connection?

1 answer

1 accepted

I accepted your answer but the link you gave me shows things that will no longer be supported going forward if I am reading it correctly. That means after 7.2, postgresql 9.0 & 9.1 won't be supported? I see on the postgresql site that anything 9.1 and under is EOL'ed https://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages.php

I'm going to go ahead with a 9.6 install because we only need the DB temporarily. I did notice on that page that version 10 is for "crash testing" only. So I definitely shouldn't have gone with 10.

Sorry, wrong link. Corrected the answer. 10 is not supported. Maximum supported is 9.5.

Ah ok. Well for better or worse 9.6 is working now. It's a temporary setup to get the hang of JIRA. If I see weird things the first person I'll blame is myself and downgrade to 9.5. Thanks again!

To follow up I downgraded to 9.5. There was another problem creating users in the database from the UI side. With 9.5 everything works. Too stubborn to not be stubborn!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

45 views 2 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you