JQL query not returning all fields

I am using Python and the Jira.client library.

response = jira.search_issues("project=Default and type=Test and status=Open")

Right now only project key and id is only being returned.  I need to get all fields, anyone know a reason why this may be happening.  By default it should return all fields correct? 

1 answer

1 vote
Rian Spivak Community Champion Dec 05, 2017

I assume that this is the library you are using. From the documentation it looks like it assumes none for the fields by default and you need to specify the specific fields in a comma separated list or use the word "all" for all the fields as mentioned in the REST guide.

It looks like the default for the REST request is for all fields, but the python library looks like it defaults to none for the search request.

Thanks for the response.  I did try that Rest Guide and followed it.  Although I didn't try setting fields to ALL.  I did find an alternate solution that is working, but I will go back and try all as a parameter value and see if that works.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

117 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you