It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JQL query Custom field is empty search not working with contexts

I have a select list custom field with multiple contexts - one is default context, and the X-context which is only defined for one issue type for Project X.

When editing an issue in Project X, the field has the following options: None, A, B.

When doing a search filter, I can search where custom field in ("A", "B").  But it returns nothing when I try where custom field is EMPTY, even though there are issues that do not have anything set.

Is this a bug with multiple contexts?

2 answers

I did find a work around by having a filter (i.e., Filter1) that selects all the issues where the custom field in ("A", "B") and then doing another search with NOT filter = "Filter1"

1 vote
Dario Atlassian Team Oct 18, 2017

Hi Myra,

This seems to be the known bug tracked as:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-67435

I have added your workaround to there :) 

Cheers,
Dario

Fantastic, thanks, Dario.

Like Dario likes this

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

1,097 views 7 0
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you