JIRA user does not receive notification emails when an issue is assigned to him

Tim Stinson October 13, 2016

Further detail:

This is an isolated event involving just 1-2 JIRA users.

One user claims he previously received notification emails when an issue was assigned to him for approval.  But for the past few weeks, those email notifications have stopped.

He's an active user (obviously), he receives notification emails when he is mentioned/tagged in a comment.

I have checked every setting I can think of.  I made sure there is a notification scheme associated with the project.  When I use the Notification Helper, it reports the user "receives notifications for the 'Issue Assigned' event."

What else could be the issue.  No other users report any problems receiving notifications.

2 answers

0 votes
Tim Stinson October 13, 2016

We don't have just 'com.atlassian.jira.mail' in the list of log names.  We have 'com.atlassian.jira.mail.settings.MailSetting'

How do I know if the log is enabled?  See the screenshot.  Is there any additional action I need to take?

jira logging setting.jpg

Am I able to view outbound email logs in JIRA?

0 votes
Mathiyalagan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2016

IF notification helper is TRUE  to send the emails to assignee. its good from JIRA perspective.

Can you please checkout mail queue? is there any error queue if yes, you have to fix it

Also check out the emails logs by enabling com.atlassian.jira.mail in  Logging and Profiling

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events