JIRA time in status notifications

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

Hi all,

I have a user who wants to find a mechanism where information can be captured on an issue if it has been in a status too long.  A notification, chart or filter would work.  

I have looked at the time tacking tools https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/tracking-the-time-taken-for-each-workflow-transition-126910724.html  But could not find anything that says, if, for example, an issues has been in a state called "investigation" for more than 1 week, then it something happens.  I have the field "Time in status", but I could not use that in my JQL.  

The only thing I can think of doing it to parse the database:

select Issue, textvalue from customfieldvalue where CUSTOMFIELD in (select id from customfield where cfname = 'Time in Status') limit 1000;

dump that to a file and parse the file for the values I wanted.   That is doable, but I was hoping to stay within JIRA and not go out to the database directly.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2015

FYI With using some hard-coding for ID's and Values this command gave me what I wanted (I believe)

select customfieldvalue.textvalue, jiraissue.project, jiraissue.issuestatus, jiraissue.SUMMARY, jiraissue.issuenum from customfieldvalue inner join jiraissue on customfieldvalue.issue=jiraissue.id where customfieldvalue.CUSTOMFIELD = '12600' and jiraissue.project = '10001' limit 10;

Robert

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2015

How about using a JIRA Subscriptions which sends email regularly (Project = ABC Status = In Progress and Updated > 2015-10-1)

Reference: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/advanced-searching-179442050.html#AdvancedSearching-Updated

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2015

Yes I am aware of that, but I am not sure how to get time in status > 5d. That will notify based upon updated date not time in status

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2015

That's why you need to put "Status = "In Progress and Updated" so that it will return all issues in that status with no updates within a specific period of time, that's the closest thing. You can also check the "WAS" operation.

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2015

Yeah that gives time in status with no updates. I am sure there is a way to just get time in status. I have a time in status field that give the data Issue#_*:*_statusID_*:*timeInStatusInSeconds_*| for each status that an issue has gone into, and I was wanting to see what was out there for using that field. Thanks though. Here is a sample database view of time in status: 10315_*:*_1_*:*_15800000_*|*_10416_*:*_1_*:*_5000_*|*_3_*:*_1_*:*_216000_*|*_6_*:*_1_*:*_0

Suggest an answer