JIRA severity show only certain values per project

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2016

Hello,

Is it possible to only show certain severity values for a given project.  I know I did this pro-grammatically before for a field at a previous job, but i cannot find how I did it.

SO For Project A I want a set of severities

For Project B, I want a different set.

Thanks,

Robert

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2016

Yes, go to custom fields -> severity and add a new "context".  Limit that to one project, and you'll be able to have a different list of options.

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2016

You rock.  One day they will tell stories of your greatness smile

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2016

They already do... @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] is a legend in his own lifetime.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2016

Phil's just being nice.  Tomorrow, he's going to load me with so much work, I won't have time to keep up with him on Answers wink

Suggest an answer