JIRA and Target Process Integration - Is it possible

Matthew_Mills October 12, 2016

Hi

Our supplier uses TP (Target Process) to manage tickets.

However, we use JIRA. Looking at the TP blog -https://www.targetprocess.com/guide/bug-tracking/bug-tracking-integrations/jira-integration/ - it seems that there is a way of integrating the 2 systems to auto update one another.

However, I cannot locate the "Old Plugins" section mentioned in step 1.

So is it possible to link the 2 systems?

Matt

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2016

That looks to be way out-of-date.  They still refer to JIRA Cloud as "On Demand", which went away several years ago, and even for server, they ask you to turn on flags that have been deprecated and removed.

In step 1, though, they're not referring to JIRA, it's never had anything like that.  It's referring to TP, so you'll need to look in there.

Assuming TP has actually been kept up to date, then it should still be possible to link them, as TP will have been coded to use JIRA's REST API.  I'm afraid that is a pretty big "if" in my world - I don't know TP at all, so don't know what they might have been doing.  But I can say that JIRA supports incoming REST and that TP could very easily use that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events