JIRA and Cruicible/Fisheye share the same database

Rafal Sojka November 2, 2016

Hi,

In my environment I have JIRA 6.0.1 and Cruicible/Fishey 3.0.0 using the same database to store their data.

If I plan to upgrade JIRA from 6.0.1 and 6.1.9, should I worry about Cruicible/Fisheye db tables ?

Shall I stop Cruicible/Fisheye before migration ?

Thank you for help, 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2016

Are you actually using the same database (and not the same database server)? If indeed on the same database JIRA would complain about tables not belonging to the server on every restart, i know this because i once hosted an extra table in the JIRA database. This table was never really wiped, but JIRA might lock the database while doing it's upgrade, so it makes a lot of sense to shut down Crucible/Fisheye in that case. It would also make a lot of sense to create a separate database for the applications, in the same sense your movies, music and pictures are not in one single folder on your computer. At some point JIRA and Fisheye might not even accept that same database configurations as these projects can drift in different directions, and having it setup like this will cause you hell. Lucky for you most crucible tables are prefixed with cru_ (except for plugins which are prefixed A0 on both JIRA and Crucible).

Good luck

Rafal Sojka November 2, 2016

After further investigation it turned out that I use the same database server. Db Schemas are different, so data is separated. Thank you for suggestion.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events