JIRA Rest API

alvin johnson January 19, 2017

Hi All,

Need help in JIRA rest API to get issue details. Right now am using 'rest/api/2/issue/issuename?expand=names,changelog' which retrieves me all details. Is there a way to get only the details shown in JIRA UI using rest API? Basically need to limit the Issue details to those shown in the JIRA. Any input would be helpful.

Regards,

Alvin 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2017

Hmm.  The REST data returned is all the data that's shown in the UI.  So I'm a little confused as to what you are looking for.

However, yes, you can restrict what it returns.  If you add, for example, &fields=id,key to the end of the query, you'll only get the id and key back.  Other fields would be like summary, customfield_nnnnn and so-on.

alvin johnson January 24, 2017

Thanks Nic, but am looking for a way without explicitly mentioning the fields. For example, when i go to an issue, I am able to see around 10 fields. But the REST API is returning around 20. And I need only the 10 fields to be returned to API. I cannot give &fields=id, key etc as the fields shown would change for different issues.

Regards,

Alvin

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2017

How do you expect JIRA to know what fields you want to get?

Suggest an answer