JIRA Portfolio - Can't see the Initiatives

Jaime Ramirez August 16, 2017

I have created a new project just for my Initiatives to use them in a cross-project. When I create an Epic under a Portfolio Plan, I cannot see the Initiatives previously created. However, if I create a new initiative and I am able to see it from the Epic.

What parameter should I need to configure?.

There are more than 30 Initiatives with a long description each one that I dont want to lose.

2 answers

0 votes
Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2017

Hi @Jaime Ramirez,

It might be worth checking the Portfolio hierarchy configuration as explained here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/configuring-initiatives-and-other-hierarchy-levels-802170489.html

It could just be that initiatives were never configured as an actual level of hierarchy and are still considered as story level items.

An easy way to check this is if you don't have addon administration rights would be to check the hierarchy dropdown to see if it contains the initiative level as shown in the screenshot attached.initiative_hierarchy_level.png

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2017

Hi Jaime,

Can you clarify what you mean by cross-project? Please also confirm what you're using as the issue source for the plan.

Have you added the newly created project to the issues source of the plan?

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer