Issues with both issue security and project permissions

Julie Kelly January 23, 2017

Hi  good people of the JIRA community,

I have a developer that spans two projects, A and B.  For project B he needs to only be able to see the issues that he creates and those that are assigned to him.

I have tried to implement project permissions and issue security to no avail, watched all the videos, read all the tutorials and documentation, etc..   Is there anyone out there who can dumb it down and explain what needs to be done like I'm a five year old?  Thanks in advance! 

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2017

It's not easy to do on Cloud, as you have to set the security level to something that includes "reporter" which means playing with automatically setting it.

It's easier on server because you can set "reporter browse" permission and limit browse to the reporter that way.

Anyway, you've got most of the way there simply because you have mentioned issue security.  First, get the project permissions right - that is quite simple - grant "browse" to anyone who should see any part of the project (ignore assignee/reporter stuff)

Now set up a simple security scheme.  It needs one single level (obviously you can add more, I'm keeping it simple), set to allow "reporter, assignee", and anyone else who should be able to see it without being one of them.  The tricky part is that I don't know how to forcibly set such a level on an issue with a post-function - I've used Script Runner on server to do it, but I don't know about Cloud, or if Cloud has functions available for it natively.

Suggest an answer