I just had an odd occurrence on our JIRA 6.4.13 instance. I was asked why there was an issue that no JQL query would find so I had a look at it.
The search scenario that did not find it:
I opened the issue that we knew was there and quickly did a JQL query that should definitively find it based on:
That one DID find it. The odd bit is that after THAT search, the issue showed up in the ORIGINAL query again as well as a couple of others that weren't showing up based on project, assignee, and resolution. Also, a dashboard with counts of these issues based on the original search criteria did not reflect the missing issues in the counts but did after my broader query.
NOTE that the queries were working for MOST issues; just not ALL the issues.
Is there a bug in 6.4.13 or other oddness that might cause this? Why would (apparently) the "tickle" of the broader search make them appear in the more restrictive search?
Enquiring minds want to know
After a few more like that, I did just that.... and the one query that kept missing them... all of a sudden had 4 more in the list.
The workflow for that project was before me and it is overly complex and fragile. On my list of "things to fix". That is... assuming of course, that a flaky workflow and linking plugin could do that kinda thing? Is one of those hacks where the workflow creates and links a bunch of subtasks just for multiple approvals on a single issue)
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs