Issues are missing from the projects

Shah Baloch March 8, 2021

Hi community experts,
There is a strange issue that users can't see the issue that got created in projects recently. I mean from the "Issues" tab. If I enter the issue key (TP-10) in the search bar, it'll pull up the issue, however, if I click on the "Issues" tab from the side panel there isn't an issue, even I switched the filter to "All Issues". Any idea what can be causing the issue? Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

I moved your post for you.

My guess is that something is happening with your indexing. Try to re-index your project to see if the issues will start appearing.

Then, you'll have to track down why certain issues are not getting indexed. Are they being created by some automation? Are there other errors perhaps visible in the logs that indicate that indexing is failing?

If the issues are still not appearing after a re-indexing, try to re-run the indexing after putting your instance in safe mode (from the Manage Apps menu - this will disable all your add-ons). 

If the issues appear after that, you'll have to find which add-on is breaking your indexing.

Thank you @Peter-Dave Sheehanfor the quick response. I disabled all add-ons and performed a re-indexing, that resolved the issue. If the issue occurs again I'll try to disable add-ons one by one and find out which add-on is causing the issue.

By the way, is there a way to schedule an auto background reindexing? Like it can trigger an auto background reindex every hour or two a day.

Thank you!

Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

Manually re-indexing is not something that should need to be triggered manually very often. Usually, that only needs to be done if you've made significant configuration changes.

Every time an issue is created or updated via the application, that issue's index should get refreshed.

A full re-index can take time on large instances (2 hours for my instance when locked >24 hours if done in the background). So you can imaging that doing that routinely would not be good for performance.

If you have some scriptrunner scripts that create or update issues, it's up to you to make sure your script indexes those issues. For example, the issueManager.updateIssue() method does not take care of the indexing. 

Like Shah Baloch likes this

Thank you Peter.

0 votes

It is not related to "Adaptavist' for some reason it got posted in that section. Moderators please post to the right section. Thank you

Suggest an answer