Issue type exceptions within workflow

jrii February 4, 2019

I have same workflow for epics, stories and for bugs and within epic issue type I would like to jump over few states how to do this ?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2019

Hi Jouni,

Do you mean that you want to use a different workflow for epics than for stories and bugs? You can do this by going to:

Jira settings-> Issues-> Workflows scheme

Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 10.58.52 PM.png

Then select your project and associate the epic issue type to the workflow you'd like for epics while keeping the current workflow linked to stories and bugs (maybe as a default workflow).

For that you may have to add a workflow and associate it to the issue type epic:

Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 11.03.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 11.04.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 11.05.32 PM.png

This document gives more details: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/configuring-workflow-schemes-802592719.html

Is this what you meant, or did I misunderstand your question?

Carlos

jrii February 4, 2019

No, same workflow for all issue types.

I just want to use fast lane with epic meaning that I want to bypass review and test states with epic only.

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2019

Do you have transitions established from the origin status to the destination statuses you'd like to jump to for epics?

jrii February 4, 2019

yes

jrii February 4, 2019

.. so can I restrict this transition only for epic usage, maybe via some property  ?

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 5, 2019

You can also disable a transition by using a scripted condition with scriptrunner testing the issue type and the status.

jrii February 5, 2019

Will try if I get this working with JIRA automation (already acquired plugin as no scriptrunner etc available). Need to find correct triggers.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2019

Hello,

If you want to use one workflow but have additional statuses for the Epic issue type, then you would need a plugin for it.

For example you could use the Power Scripts add-on:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/43318/power-scripts-jira-script-automation?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

You could write a condition with a code like this:

if (issueType == "Epic") {

return true;

}

return false;
jrii February 5, 2019

No scriptrunner, will try with jira automation as just acquired that.

Suggest an answer