Issue security users seeing only what is currently asssigned but has to see what was assigned

Ronald Lares January 23, 2019

I have already created an issue security scheme that only allows users to only see what is assigned to them what management now wants is these users can also see issues that had been assigned to them. I do have groups that can see all issues.

Assigned (Default)Issue Assigned Level Security

Is this possible in Jira?

Example a member of the group Support was assigned and issue INC123. He finishes his work and it gets assigned to a QA person for testing. Since he can only see his issues it is no longer visible on his dashboard it is now on the QA team members board. Now he remembers he forgot to log his time or add a comment how can he get to it other than reassigning the issue?  

Through filters in JQL I can use the "assignee was" clause to select issues that were and are assigned to a user (this does not work if signed on as a restricted user). 

2 answers

0 votes
Ronald Lares January 24, 2019

Thank you but add-ons are not an option. I created a custom field called history of assignees with the type of  Participants of an issue. This is automatically populated with the ID of anyone that has done anything to the issue which is fine but when I try to use it in Issue security I do not see it in the either field drop down. Am I doing this wrong? 

History of AssigneesParticipants of an issue
Issue type(s):
Global (all issues)
Project(s):
NCS Support
0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2019

Hello,

You would need to create a multi user field and set it when an assignee changes. Then set the issue security level for this field.

Actually you do not need a security level, you could do it with the Browse Issues permission. Just grant the browse issues permission to this multi user field.

You can set a value to the multi user field with an add-on.

For example, you could use the Power Scripts add-on:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/43318/power-scripts-jira-script-automation?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

You could write a listener for the Issue Assigned event with a code like this:

#{Multi User Field Name} = #{Multi User Field Name}  + {assignee};

You can read more about listeners here:

https://confluence.cprime.io/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=6558205

Suggest an answer