Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Issue security users seeing only what is currently asssigned but has to see what was assigned

I have already created an issue security scheme that only allows users to only see what is assigned to them what management now wants is these users can also see issues that had been assigned to them. I do have groups that can see all issues.

Assigned (Default)Issue Assigned Level Security

Is this possible in Jira?

Example a member of the group Support was assigned and issue INC123. He finishes his work and it gets assigned to a QA person for testing. Since he can only see his issues it is no longer visible on his dashboard it is now on the QA team members board. Now he remembers he forgot to log his time or add a comment how can he get to it other than reassigning the issue?  

Through filters in JQL I can use the "assignee was" clause to select issues that were and are assigned to a user (this does not work if signed on as a restricted user). 

2 answers

0 votes

Hello,

You would need to create a multi user field and set it when an assignee changes. Then set the issue security level for this field.

Actually you do not need a security level, you could do it with the Browse Issues permission. Just grant the browse issues permission to this multi user field.

You can set a value to the multi user field with an add-on.

For example, you could use the Power Scripts add-on:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/43318/power-scripts-jira-script-automation?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

You could write a listener for the Issue Assigned event with a code like this:

#{Multi User Field Name} = #{Multi User Field Name}  + {assignee};

You can read more about listeners here:

https://confluence.cprime.io/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=6558205

Thank you but add-ons are not an option. I created a custom field called history of assignees with the type of  Participants of an issue. This is automatically populated with the ID of anyone that has done anything to the issue which is fine but when I try to use it in Issue security I do not see it in the either field drop down. Am I doing this wrong? 

History of AssigneesParticipants of an issue
Issue type(s):
Global (all issues)
Project(s):
NCS Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

⚡️NEW Group for Confluence Cloud Admins

Calling all Confluence Cloud Admins!  We created a new Community Group to support your unique needs as Confluence admins. This is a group where you can ask questions, access resou...

68 views 2 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you