Is there any way to authenticate users against AD with the cloud version of JIRA?

We're using the hosted version of JIRA and would like to switch user authentication to Active Directory. Is this possible out of the box? If not, are there any add-ons that make it possible, or can we use something like Crowd to enable it?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

It will be soon (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-79) so no choice for now. You can only use internal auth (for JIRA Cloud) or Google Accounts.

How soon? Are we talking 3 months, 6 months, a year? If it's 3 or 6 months, I can wait, but probably not longer than that.

Also, will AD integration extend to Bitbucket?

Only the Atlassians can answer that (I am not saying I'm not an Atlassian though smile ). Leave a comment in the ticket, maybe they will reply with a definite date.

Same here. Would like that or an additional Microsoft 365 account authentication would be nice.

Does anyone know if the new AD functionality for user authentication has been incorporated yet?  I am looking to use Jira/Service desk for my organization but would really need to use AD of my users.

Yes we currently but maybe not directly to your AD. We connect our AD to Azure AD via Azure Dir Sync, then Azure AD connects with Atlassian products and many other products. We currently use a free version of Azure AD to handle this. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/active-directory-saas-atlassian-cloud-tutorial

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 11 hours ago in Statuspage

What are your best incident management tips and stories? #HugOps

👋Community members! Downtime happens. And great incident response takes a village. Teams like Support, Dev, SRE, Ops, IT, and Marketing have to come together to resolve the problem while keep...

29 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you