Is it possible to set the color of a field on the VIEW issue screen with Behaviours?

Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2017

@Nic Brough / @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist]

Is it possible to conditionally set the color of a field on the Issue VIEW screen? 

I was thinking something along the lines of:

def securityField = getFieldByName("Security Level")
def descField = getFieldByName("Security Level")

def securityValue = securityField.getValue()
if (securityValue == "Pinterest") { // Only Pinterest should be black.
securityField.setHelpText("Hello! <style>#security-val .note { color: #333;}</style>")
} else {

}

However, I've not been able to get this to work. It makes sense since I'm trying to set "Help Text" which isn't displayed on the view issue screen, but was hoping there may be another element or way to target the text color.

Any pointers?

1 answer

1 vote
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2017

Hi Trevor,

I think in your case you will need a web resource. In it's simplest form should be 

(function ($) {

JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (event, $context, reason){
        var field = $("#security-val");
        field.prev().css("color", "red");
        field.css("color", "red");
    });

})(AJS.$);

Now you should play with your browser's developer tools to check in which reason, event, etc you want the element to be red. 

regards, Thanos

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events