Is it possible to send an automated email from a JQL Filter

Dan Allenby February 22, 2021

Hi,

I have to email customers on a weekly basis with a summary of their tickets, both open and resolved.  I have set up a few JQL filters to show me these results, but i cant figure out a way to use automation to send out an email, showing the filter results.

The results do go to people outside of our Jira system, so i am not able to use subscriptions to use this.

Does anyone have any examples of what the automation rule would look like?  

Thanks,

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2021

Hi @Dan Allenby

Welcome to the community, you can easily achieve your goal as follows

1. Setup scheduled trigger

2. Select "Lookup issues" as the action and put in your JQL(issues you want to send)

3. Setup email action which can now access the data from the looked up issues

Example

automation sample.png

Dan Allenby February 23, 2021

Thanks @Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)  

Is there a way to pull this data out as a table with headings?  Similar to when you can export from a filter?

I have attempted some testing today, but it looks a bit clunky and these will be client facing reports.  I also need to do some further testing with what details i can get, as i tried to get created date and resolved date but it shows as below.  I also tried to get the status but it shows the number instead of the actual statusScreenshot 2021-02-23 at 15.51.36.png

Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2021

Hi @Dan Allenby ,

Please try something like this , it will generate email in html table format  you can further format it as per your needs.

In first row , its headings

In second row, its data in a loop

<table>
<tr>
<td>issuetype</td>
<td>key</td>
<td>summary</td>
</tr>
{{#lookupIssues}}
<tr>
<td>{{issuetype.name}}</td>
<td>{{key}}</td>
<td>{{summary}}</td>
<tr>
{{/}}
</table>
Like Jewel Darger-Sacher likes this
Celine Penaredondo February 4, 2022

Hi @Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master) I was trying to do this on my end but weirdly I only got spaces and title of the issue. 

What I want to do was embed the results of the query along with their columns. is that possible? 

JM Flores August 2, 2023

Hi @Celine Penaredondo you can remove all the spaces and space breaks or uncheck the box that says - Convert line breaks to HTML line breaks

JM Flores August 2, 2023

Please disregard my comment, I misunderstood your concern :D 

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events