Is it possible to associate a field configuration scheme to one issue type across all projects?

Emmanuel Valentine December 9, 2015

The situation:

• We want to make certain fields required in our bugs so that the information is always input by QA - this is easily done using field configuration schemes
  • However, we do not require or want those fields to be filled out in tests, which have the same format but do not require as much input. Our tests are the same across all projects. They are created in a template then cloned over to new projects when they are begun
  • It seems that, regardless of what field configuration scheme I associate with tests, field configuration schemes seem tied to projects, so in one project if I want to add required fields to bugs, they also become required in tests within that project
  • In my practical example, I have a set of tests created in a template project, I clone them over to projects, and I am faced with errors because I am missing information from "required" fields, even though I thought I had set them to not be required in tests

My question:

Is there any way to sort these operations by issue type rather than project, so I can have all tests in all projects using one field configuration scheme, and all bugs in all projects using another?

Additional info: 

Our bugs use a default configuration scheme

Thanks for reading, I'll be very grateful for any responses.

1 answer

2 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2015

Field configuration schemes are made up of individual configurations so you can have a configuration for an issue type and use it in all the schemes.

Suggest an answer