In which database table we can find the history of an JIRA issue

Basudev Behera August 8, 2016

I want to find out the history of an issue in database.In which table this is present.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2016

You should avoid reading the database directly, as it's generally a very bad thing to do.  What are you actually trying to acheive?  There is almost certainly a better way to do it than reading the database.

But to answer it: changegroup is a change, with the individual changes of fields, as well as non-fields such as status, logged in changeitem.  You may want to read jiraaction too for comments, or if you have a very very old dataset.  There are then some other things logged in other places, but that should cover 95% of what you want to look at

Basudev Behera August 8, 2016

I have changed assignee of an issue... Where can I find the change in Assignee name in database....

Like rickdg likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2016

I already told you where the field changes are logged.

1 vote
Jason Kemp February 26, 2019

For those of you who, like me, stumbled on this page first and still want an answer: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-obtain-issue-change-history-from-database-933695139.html

tl;dr: a union of changegroup (for linking to groups of changes and issues), and changeitem. Join on changegroup.id = changeitem.groupid if necessary.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events