I want to export a list of issues with corresponding components and epics. How can I do this please?

Alistair King October 9, 2015

I want to export a list of issues with corresponding components and epics.  How can I do this please?

2 answers

0 votes
Judi Stewart May 12, 2021

Our business team needs to present JIRA stats via a consolidated Tableau Dashboard.  How can we achieve this?

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2015

Under the "Issues" Menu > "Search for Issues", enter your desired JQL and choose "Export to Excel (All Fields)" or "Current Fields" if you don't want all the data, just the current columns being displayed.

claude uceda October 9, 2015

Thanks for your reply, this seems to work, but only on the top 1000 records. I need to pull all of them down – how can I increase the number of records? Alistair

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2015

JIRA has set that limit because this operation is so resource extensive (it puts too much load in your system). Before I suggest the workaround, may I first suggest that you do the export in batches? Update your JQL to trim down to 1000 issues or less and repeat it as needed so it will not affect your JIRA.

wenjie chen October 9, 2015

Hi Gabrielle, Please could you tell the work around as configuring the batches won’t be efficient for us and also runs the risk of missing an issue (part of this exercise is to track miss/un categorised issues) We are not worried about the load on our system in this case. Thanks Alistair

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2015

Go to your System Administration > Troubleshooting and Support > System Info. Search for the "jira.search.views.max.unlimited.group" key and get the group name. Accounts added to this group will have godly powers on exporting/viewing issues (unlimited). If you can't see this, try configuring it in the server side (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Exporting+a+filter+result+containing+more+than+1000+issues).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2015

Bear in mind that the higher you go over 1000, the more likely you are to cripple your system and lose the export to a timeout or resource overload anyway. If you really want several thousand or more, then you *really* need to heed what Gabrielle says and batch it up. Or, better, examine the reasons you're doing this and come up with a better approach to solving the problem. Why are you trying to do massive exports like this?

wenjie chen October 30, 2015

Hi Nic, Sorry for the delay getting back to this issue raised (have been out for a while), I've also been following up with Tempo. I'm reporting on time logged but Tempo doesn't offer the "Epic Name" associated with the Issue ID. So I am trying to export this now using the issue API and link the outputs together. The problem is that I still cannot raise the amount of data returned above 1000 (can't seem to find the setting described above). Also I cannot restrict the XML date range easily. Note: I am on the cloud system. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Alistair

Suggest an answer