I have a custom field and would like to add "assign to me" to the field

I have a custom field and would like to add "assign to me" to the field, can this be done with java script

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Mahesh S Community Champion Oct 25, 2016

I have tried this javascript on a custom text field. The description will have a link with text "Assign to me". While clicking, it fills the field value with current username.

<a href="#" style="font-size=14px!important;" id="demo" onclick="myFunction()">Assign to me</a>
<script>
var username = document.getElementById("header-details-user-fullname").getAttribute("data-username");
function myFunction() {
document.getElementById("customfield_10403").value = username;
}
</script>
This widget could not be displayed.

The "assign to me" link is specifically for setting the system assignee field.  You could duplicate the link to other places with javascript, but it's only ever going to set the assignee, not other fields.

However, you could write some javascript that sets the current field - your id and the field are both there in the DOM.

(Although I'd really avoid calling it "assign to me", to avoid confusion.  Something like "put me in this field" would be better)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

152 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you