I cleared all "atlassian" cookies. Log in does NOT have a "remember me" option. Restarting the browser always requires me to re-log in

Eyal Lotem January 29, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Remember My Login is not working

Ask your question here...

2 answers

0 votes

I don't normally clear cookies (it was an attempt to resolve the issue).

I think I've figure it out:

I have my personal JIRA dashboard as a pinned tab. That never auto-logs-in when I restart my browser (though clicking "Log in" doesn't require re-auth).

Whenever I open any JIRA ticket, that does in fact auto-log in, and then refreshing the dashboard shows it is logged in as well.

So apparently you have a bug that JIRA ticket pages log in automatically but dashboards don't.

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2017

Hi Eyal,

Have you set your browser to clear your cookies when you close the browser?  If you do that then you'll always have to login, either manually by typing it or automatically by using your browser's "remember this password" feature (or a 3rd party add-on like LastPass).

see my other answer, I think JIRA has a bug.

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2017

Hi Eyal,

Glad to hear you've solved it, even if the problem is annoying. You can log bugs at jira.atlassian.com, or put in a support call and ask Atlassian to log it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events