It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How would you query JIRA for tickets a person is involved in (in any fashion: comment, assignee, edited, watching, etc.)?

I would like to have a search for any ticket that a particular person (e.g., myself or someone on my team) has interacted with...whether it was assigned to them at one point (perhaps not presently), they edited some field in it, they are watching it, they entered  a comment on it, or were mentioned on it, etc.

3 answers

1 vote

Use JQL like.

creator = username OR reporter = username OR assignee = username OR assignee was username

There is nothing for issue updated by and commented by as of now.

-Ravi

0 votes
Joe Pitt Community Leader Dec 07, 2016

The jira-tools plugin has a participant field that captures that data and can be searched. However, it would only work going forward after installing it. I don't think you can get it all otherwise. 

A full reindex might get the past data

Joe Pitt Community Leader Dec 08, 2016

No, the plugin apparently intercepts the actions and captures the information in real time. It can't reach back. 

0 votes

Some of those are availible. For example, "assignee was in (kstack)" or "reporter change BY kstack" but in general update history of a single user isn't easy to do.  

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

1,082 views 7 0
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you