How to transition parent issue when subtasks are using two different workflows

Mukthadir Sikdar March 16, 2021

I have managed to get the link with Hubspot and Jira to work, also i have managed to create automation rules for when subtasks are complete to transition the parent issue to the next status but I am having trouble trying to figure out this next step. I will explain in as much details as possible.

When linking a HUBSPOT ticket issue to jira the issue is created, assigned and Subtasks are added.
(I have two different workflows for my sub tasks - all but ONE subtask transitions through:  start - in progress - completed. The Last subtask workflow is different more of a yes OR no situation it transitions like: select one - yes - no)

I have set up automation for the parent to transition to the next status when the last subtask is either yes or no. it works fine

When parent issue is now in the next status my automation rule wont allow me to transition the parent to the next status. I believe my automation rules are incorrect.

Is there a way i can automate deletion of that specific subtask that is on the YES NO workflow after parent transitioned to next status so that my parent can transition status after that without having that subtask?

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2021

Hi @Mukthadir Sikdar 

Trying to understand your requirements. Do you want to transition parent or delete sub task?

If you want to delete a sub-task when parent is transitioned then you can try this.

Branch rule: Sub-tasks

Condition: Issue Type: Sub-task

Action: Permanently remove this issue

This rule will work but I would say think about deleting your issues, why create them when you have to delete them later? Instead use another logic like check for a sub-tasks' field value or status.

Ravi

Mukthadir Sikdar March 16, 2021

Hi @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ 

So the issue I am facing is that I cant get my parent issue to transition to the next status because my subtasks have two different workflows, so i thought that if i set up a automation to delete the subtask that is using the yes no subtask workflow i will be able to get the parent to transition to next status.

If you have an automation rule that you can screenshot and show me of how to get the parent issue to transition when it has subtasks attached with two different workflows that would be amazing.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events