How to sync issues between multiple JIRA Cloud instances

We are planning to implement a JIRA Cloud instance and will need to sync issues between our instance and vendor instances (cloud and/or server -based).

The add-ons I've located for conditional syncing, such as IssueSync and Cross for JIRA, all seem to be server based.

So, I'm wondering if:

a) are there any cloud based options?

b) are there any stand-alone options?

c) or do we have to stand up a JIRA Server instance just for the sync plugin?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

Another add-on you might want to take a look at is Backbone Issue Sync for JIRA.

a) you can download it for server and cloud - it provides integrations for server/server, server/cloud, server/datacenter.
b/c) Backbone is installed on each instance as an add-on

For more information check out the Marketplace Listing and the documentation.

Christian Roestel Community Champion Jan 05, 2018

is there a way to pull the full history of a ticket?

I imagine by pulling the full history, you want to have the same history on the target issue as in the source issue, right?

What Backbone does, it applies all changes on the target issue. As soon as the source issue is changed, the target issue will be changed and therefore a similar history in the target issue will be produced - however the change dates/times will be different.

However, the initial history (before the sync) will not be reproduced on the other side.

I assume, you already know that. If you want to discuss your use case with us further, please let us know at support@k15t.com and we arrange a meeting.

And Exalate is another serious offer

• Supports Cloud to Cloud synchronisation (next to Server/Cloud and Server/Server)
  • Doesn't require a standalone server

More information can be found at 

Francis

1 vote

Take a look at ConnectAll. This has to be installed on a standalone server but it can sync issues between two cloud instances.

Just to be clear, you don't need a JIRA server instance for it. ConnectAll is installed as a separate application.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

488 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you