How to show workflow combobox in Issue Form

accenturesecurity May 31, 2016

Hello,

We have 2 different project on JIRA.

In the first one, we use default workflow configuration so in the Issue form page there is combobox named "Workflow" which enables users to modify the current status of an issue

image2016-6-1 11:58:28.png

However, in the second one, we have created a custom workflow and associated it with the project. Even though we can see the custom states as separate button we do not see "Workflow" combobox as in previous case. What is that we are missing? Can we only show "Workflow" combobox and hide the other statu buttons (in black rectangle below) ?

image2016-6-1 12:5:1.png

Here is our custom WF.

image2016-6-1 12:3:48.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2016

That's not a "combobox" (confused me until I saw the screenshots), it's just a menu.

JIRA's workflow menu used to be a simple menu bar with every possible workflow action on it.  This was ok for simple workflows, but really didn't work once you had workflows with several actions available (imagine if you had 17 transitions out of an issue - 17 items in that bar would mean lots of it flowing way off the right hand side of your screen). 

So Atlassian put in a simple UI tweak - it shows the first X items, and then shoves the rest into a drop-down menu.

By default, X is 2.  It looks to me from your second screenshot, that an admin has changed X to at least 3 (but less than 8 from your first screenshot).

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/advanced-workflow-configuration-802592741.html for how to change X.

accenturesecurity May 31, 2016

Hi Nic, 

Thanks for the response. I checked the documentation but we a using cloud version of JIRA. Do you have any idea how I can set the property file on server as explained in the post?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2016

Ah, Cloud - in that case, you'll need to raise it with support over at https://support.atlassian.com

Bear in mind that it looks like one of your users has already got them to change it (as the default is 2 and you're on at least 3).  It's a global setting which will affect all your users, so I'd consult with them first, and see if you can find out who got it changed before, so you can find out why.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events