How to set a jira systems administrator

I have been going round in circles with this.  Has anyone got a step by step guide?  I have tried to follow the documentation but my drop down has Browse Users, Create Shared Objects, Manage group filter subscriptions and bulk change.  The group has Anyone in the box.  I have no idea what to pick.

Thanks

2 answers

0 vote

Are you on Cloud or Server?

I am on Cloud thanks.

Ok, you're not going mad!  :-)

You don't get Systems Administrator on Cloud, it's restricted to Atlassian support only.  You can't go above "Jira administrator"

Aaaahhh right thanks for this.

I am on cloud thanks.

Aaaaahhhh right thanks.  The documentation needs to be tweaked, I don't find it very user friendly.

My guess would be that you hit the Jira Server docs, rather than the Cloud ones.  It happens a lot (in both directions), and I also think it could be made more clear.

Yes I agree, there are many areas that could be clearer.  Thanks again for you help.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,182 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot