How to set a due date

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Due Date Field is Missing

Hello, I have created several Business projects and some issues, however there is no option for setting dates?

I read about the permissions thingy, but I'm the administrator and the user already as edit rights.

2 answers

Hi,

Your user will need Schedule Issue permission as well. This drives who can set the Due Date field.

Also make sure the Due Date field is on the screen used for creating, editing or viewing the issues.

Tibor

Thanks. What is the path to adjust these settings? I would have expected these settings to be default.

Open the project's administration page, go to Permissions and check Schedule Issue. You will see who is assigned to this permission. It may be empty or set to some default project roles your users are not member of.

Thank you.

I navigated to JIRA 7.1.2 > Administration > System > SECURITY > Global permissions > nothing there about scheduling or setting due dates?

Yes, I read your link about permissions. The permissions all look default and allow Copy and Edit.

I can't find Schedule or Schedule Issues?

I navigate to JIRA 7.1.2 > Administration > Issues > I see nothing about Schedule?

well, let me explain again:

• Administration > Issues > Permission Schemes
  • Open one of the permisison schemes
  • Scroll down and find the permission "Schedule Issues"
  • Make sure it is configured properly for your project
  • Also make sure the Due Date field is on the screens your project uses: 
  • Administration > Issues > Screens
  • Finally make sure the field is not hidden: 
  • Administration > Issues > Field Configurations, open the field config used by your project and check if the due date is not hidden.

Okay thanks, I checked all of those clear paths.

All seems good in the settings. I guess I'm using JIRA wrong somehow.

I ended up using BigPicture which had due dates and a nice Gantt chart.

However upon reboot, only Portfolio for JIRA is in the top navigation bar. So, back to square one, figuring out how to make a similar style Gantt chart in Portfolio for Jira.

I guess something like listing x amount of issues, then dragging these issues into a sprint perhaps?

I have monthly recurring tasks to complete.

I am working through this need, also. I have made sure that the permissions are correct and that the due dates are enabled in my configurations of fields, yet I don't see the field on the front screen of my issue..

The due date field must be located in the configuration of the relevant screens for the project. It must be in the View screen and either Create or Edit screen.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

396 views 1 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot