How to set Outgoing Mail DISABLED by edit DB?

I restore the DB form JIRA B to JIRA A by SQL server.

Then I want to set the JIRA A's outgoing mail to disable automaticly.

I think this setting was store in the DB. So how to set Outgoing Mail DISABLED by edit DB?

Thanks very much!

2 answers

2 votes

It is strongly recommended that you do NOT change the database in JIRA.  It's not as simple as people seem to think it is.

Use the command line flags to start JIRA A instead - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/setting-properties-and-options-on-startup-120007.html ( i.e. -Datlassian.mail.senddisabled -Datlassian.mail.fetchdisabled -Datlassian.mail.popdisabled )

Chris Fuller Atlassian Team Oct 24, 2015

These options are already present but commented out in in the setenv.sh and setenv.bat that ship with JIRA. I would simply uncomment them rather than trying to do anything fancy. In setenv.bat: rem -------------------------------------------------------------------------- rem Uncomment this setting if you want to import data without notifications rem rem -------------------------------------------------------------------------- rem set DISABLE_NOTIFICATIONS= -Datlassian.mail.senddisabled=true -Datlassian.mail.fetchdisabled=true -Datlassian.mail.popdisabled=true In setenv.sh: # Uncomment this setting if you want to import data without notifications # #DISABLE_NOTIFICATIONS=" -Datlassian.mail.senddisabled=true -Datlassian.mail.fetchdisabled=true -Datlassian.mail.popdisabled=true"

Hi xinan, as Nic said, it is recommended not to change values directly in JIRA database.

Anyway, if you really need to do it this way, you'll need to execute the following query and restart your JIRA instance:

UPDATE propertynumber SET propertyvalue=1 WHERE ID=(SELECT ID FROM propertyentry WHERE ENTITY_NAME='jira.properties' AND ENTITY_ID=1 AND PROPERTY_KEY='jira.mail.send.disabled');

Regards

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Friday in Jira Service Desk

Looking for anyone who has switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk

Hi Community! The Jira Service Desk marketing team is looking for customers who have successfully switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk!   We’d love to hear your thoughts on the pros and ...

59 views 6 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you