How to resolve "could not look up the type for this custom field"

Madhusudhan Matrubai March 16, 2016

I'm using JIRA ScriptRunner plugin and I'm trying to run a condition check for one of the custom field "Region" that has multiple types configured. Like Single Select, Multi Select, Checkbox.

I have tried the following and none of them work yet.

BTW the current type that I'm looking for is "Single Select" type.

cfValues['Region']?.value == 'GLBL'

cfValues['customfield_10000']?.value == 'GLBL'

cfValues['Region']*.value.contains("GLBL")

I get a warning that "Could not look up the type for this custom field, so we can't check this code. Possibly the field doesn't exist, or multiple exist for this name " 

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2016

It's just a type-checking warning, you can ignore it. There is not enough information for it to work out if the code is correct.

Your first example is correct for single select, the last one for multiselects.

Or are you saying you want to apply this condition on workflows where Region could be any of those cf types?

Madhusudhan Matrubai March 17, 2016

Thanks Jamie, the message under warning looked as if it couldn't find the custom field and hence was worried to get that fixed.

BTW I'm not looking for
>> Or are you saying you want to apply this condition on workflows where Region could be any of those cf types?

So I'm good for now.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer