How to report on a certain issue type "Requirement" or Enhancement" that has stories/ bugs linked ?

Subhrasankha Mohapatra November 5, 2019

I have Requirements or Enhancements in a JiRA project. One or multiple stories are linked to these Requirements or Enhancements. I want to define the overall status of the Requirements or Enhancements based on the staus of the stories linked to them.

For example- if all the linked stories are Completed then the Requirements is Closed or if one of the Story is in Open or InProgress then the requirement is In Progress, if one of the Story is in Resolved or In Testing then the Requirement is In Testing.

How can I get this view for a release or sprint?

1 answer

0 votes
Negin Nafari November 5, 2019

Hi,

I don't think this is possible with Jira, without using any third-party add-ons (such as Scriptrunner)

Subhrasankha Mohapatra November 5, 2019

Hi Negin,

Could you please direct me to any articles or already available solutions that I can refer to?

Negin Nafari November 5, 2019

so the basic idea can be to transition the "requirement" issue based on the statuses of the linked issue.

Since there is no such "linked issue" event in Jira (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-8505), you can create a service that runs every 5 or 10 minutes (or whatever you want). 

This service should search for the "requirement" issues and check for all the linked issues, and check for the status of each linked issue and based on your logics should transition the "Requirement" issue.

here you can find to some snippets

Hope this can help

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events