How to remove duplicate "Log Work" after adding Tempo to JIRA

We recently added Tempo to JIRA and now we have 2 log work buttons. How can we remove or hide the old log work button so that only the new Tempo one appears?

I have seen others that say to disable the "Issue Operations Plugin," however we don't have this plugin in the Cloud version.

1 answer

Hello Keith,

as described in Tempo documentation page, you can't disable it in a cloud version (http://tempo.io/faq/how-can-i-disable-the-jira-log-work-dialog/).

On a standalone version, you can use a javascript like "jQuery("#log-work").remove()" but on the cloud version you can't.

Regards,

Fabio

I did see that but it is also almost 3 years old and the page only talks about JIRA 5 and 6. I was hoping that something has changed in the past 3 years. It seems pretty unintuitive to have two log work buttons.

Yes, I know but on a standalone version there are different ways to hide that button (I tried using a javascript and it works - https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/129982/hide-time-tracking ) but on a Cloud version I'm afraid that you can not. Regards, Fabio

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

381 views 1 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot