How to reindex issue without global admin permission (just local for project) using api

antonmihailov0073 April 3, 2019

Hello! I have a trouble with reindexing created and upated issue. After request, i just get 401 error code back nad no error messages..
I make POST requests to rest/api/2/reindex/issue?issueId=myIssueId with basic auth cred, content-type = application/json and empty body
What`s wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2019

Hello,

401 http status code means Unauthorized. So you are trying to make a request without valid username or password or one of them is incorrect. Can you double check your credentials?

Regards.

antonmihailov0073 April 3, 2019

I`m sure that credentials are valid. We make others api calls using them

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2019

What is the response text other than status code? Sometimes user needs captcha entry, etc. Also you can try using "X-Atlassian-Token": "nocheck" as header while trying to make the request. But it's certain that 401 is Unauthorized code.

Like antonmihailov0073 likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events