• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to inject IssueBeanBuilder2 ?

Jira version: 7.13.0
Java version: 1.7
Platform: server

I need to receive SearchResultsBean to get Issues like JSON.
When I started Jira I catch the exception:

The plugin has been disabled. A likely cause is that it timed out during initialisation. It has the following missing service dependencies : &issueBeanBuilder2 of type(&(objectClass=com.atlassian.jira.rest.v2.issue.IssueBeanBuilder2)(objectClass=com.atlassian.jira.rest.v2.issue.IssueBeanBuilder2))

my service:

@Named
@ExportAsService({IIssueJiraService.class})
public class IssueJiraService implements IIssueJiraService {

private final IssueBeanBuilder2 issueBeanBuilder;

@Inject
public IssueJiraService(@ComponentImport IssueBeanBuilder2 issueBeanBuilder) {
this.issueBeanBuilder = issueBeanBuilder;
}

public ResultsBean getIssueBean(issue){
IssueBean issueBean = issueBeanBuilder.build(issue);
List<IssueBean> issueBeans = Arrays.asList(issueBean);
SearchResultsBean resultsBean = new SearchResultsBean(0, 1000, results.getTotal(), issueBeans);
return resultsBean;
}
}

my pom (only dependency for IssueBeanBuilder2):

<dependency>
<groupId>com.atlassian.jira</groupId>
<artifactId>jira-rest-plugin</artifactId>
<version>7.1.0-QR20151229171111</version>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

Jira docs:
https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/8.1.0/com/atlassian/jira/rest/v2/search/SearchResultsBean.html
https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/8.1.0/com/atlassian/jira/rest/v2/issue/IssueBean.html 

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Jun 01, 2020

Hi,

I understand that you are getting a plugin disabled message when trying to start this plugin.  While I don't have much experience in terms of developing plugins for Jira, I did notice that you listed the Java version as 1.7.  The problem with that, if accurate, is that Jira 7 and higher has required Java 8 (aka 1.8) at least since Jira 7.0.x versions.  More details on this JVM requirement can be seen in the Supported platforms documentation.

If that is not the solution, then I would recommend asking within our Developer Community.  That community is technically a separate site from this one, and it is geared more towards plugin development for Atlassian products.  So perhaps you might find additional help there.

Regards,

Andy

Hi, @Andy Heinzer 

Thanks for your help
I tried to switch to java 1.8 and its not the solution. Also, I asked on Developer Community and we came to the conclusion that its impossible.
Therefore, I abandoned this approach and use java classes from Jira.

Regards,
Oleksii

Like Andy Heinzer likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

4,565 views 12 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you