How to import test cases to JIra

3 answers

Nic is right. We can't propose good answers to your question without knowing some of the characteristics of your test cases and how they will be stored in Jira. Here are some questions to get use started?

• Are your tests a simple issue type, or are you using one of the testing plugins available for JIRA (Zephyr, XRay, Hiptest, SynapseRT, etc.), or are they stored as subtask issue types, or something else? 
  • Do you need to do a one-time or very occasional import? Or, is this an operation your testers and developers need to do all the time?
0 vote

It depends on how you are planning to hold the test cases in JIRA.

As Udo says, CSV is an option, but it's assuming your test cases are going to end up as JIRA issues. 

You really do need to explain what you're planning to store them as and how you're going to use them before we can give you a good answer to this.

OK.. I need to imprt test cases in JIRA, have Zephyr too with it. I need to import cases from excel and map it under a cycle or a story so that can pull it whenever needed.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published Friday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

64 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot