How to import local workflow?

Administrator
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 14, 2016

I cannot find the import workflow button. I exported my workflow as a workflow file not xml. So now I need to import it in other project. THe only buttons I see are add workflow which just creates empty workflow from scratch and import from marketplace. Your docs say "import workflow" in the workflow settings screen. But there is no button there.

Capture.PNG

2 answers

1 vote
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2016

Please verify the path. JIRA Administration -> Issues -> Workflows. I could see the option to import here.1.png

Administrator
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 14, 2016

Capture.PNG

Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2016

Then, it is clear that JIRA in cloud instance is not supporting this feature. sad 

However, you can contact Atlassian cloud support for this. 

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2016

Why do you need to import the workflow XML? You cannot do this in Cloud as it's a restricted function – https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-import-a-workflow-into-a-jira-cloud-application-779160755.html

Be sure to look at JIRA Cloud documentation, that way you won't be misled by the self-hosted documentation. – https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/jira-core-documentation-765593058.html

Suggest an answer