How to have total created/resolved issues at the starting point of "Created vs Resolved" Gadget

Alae Loudiyi January 7, 2016

Hi,

We want to have the total created/resolved issues to date at the starting point of the "Created vs Resolved" Cadget. 

Can you please help me how to do this?

Best regards. 

3 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2016

Have you got the code for the gadget recompiled and working yet?  Where are you stuck on adding your code to it?

I ask because you'll need to take the gadget and add code to fetch the extra data from JIRA, you can't do this without adding some code.

Hi, I didn't try to modify the code of the gadget. Can you please show me how to do that? Thank you

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2016

Hmm. You need to download the source code of JIRA from your my.atlassian account (the link is beneath your licence), and find the gadget in there. Next, grab the SDK and install it - https://developer.atlassian.com/docs/getting-started/set-up-the-atlassian-plugin-sdk-and-build-a-project Use it to build an empty gadget add-on, then reuse all the code you find for the gadget in it. Note that to avoid clashes and making upgrades easier, it is worth using a different name for your version - rather than replacing Atlassian's gadget, you probably want to create a variation that can live alongside the original. Once you've got it working with their code, you can start adding your own to it. You'll need to amend the display code so it has space for your numbers, and then add some java to run the searches you want to run to get the numbers. There is one other thing before you start - you'll need to decide what "total created/resolved issues to date" means exactly so you can code for it. My assumption would be: "get the filter for the gadget, and look for every issue created over 30 days ago and every issue with a resolution date over 30 days old", but I'd check that

thank you dear for your help

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2020

Hi @Alae Loudiyi 

With our add-ons Great Gadgets for Jira Server and  Great Gadgets for Jira Cloud you can have a Created vs Resolved chart on your dashboard that shows the total at the starting point of the chart.

In the 10 gadgets offered by the add-on, there is a Release Burndown / Burnup Chart gadget than can be easily configured as Created vs Resolved Chart. Just take a look at this example. 

CreatedVsResolved_No_Zero.jpg

Danut

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2016

If you just need to know the totals then you can write a filter to retrieve the number of issues in each case.

Created total would look something like this.
Created < -30d 
And closed would look something like this.

Created <-30d and resolutiondate <-30d

This assumes you are using the created vs resolved gadget with 30 days.

Thank you but I don't want to know only the totals. I want the gadget display the total (i.e cumulative number) created vs resolved at the starting point of the chart.

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2016

Sorry I did not understand that from your initial question.

sorry i didn't explained it well. thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events