How to get the name of the project category?

Fuad Abuschuscha August 4, 2016

Is there a way to copy the name of the project category the project of the issue belongs to into a special custom field wihtin a post function?

1 answer

1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2016

You can use script runner plugin to  fetch the value and then update the custom field

ProjectCategory
getProjectCategoryForProject(Project project)

https://developer.atlassian.com/static/javadoc/jira/latest/reference/com/atlassian/jira/project/ProjectManager.html

Fuad Abuschuscha August 5, 2016

Thanks. I tried that, but I get always the same error: 

image2016-8-5 16:34:44.png

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2016

Have you used script runner / groovy before?

You need to import the classes, the snippet which I shared with you is from the docs and thus you need to create an instance of the class ProjectCategory and then update  the custom field.

Fuad Abuschuscha August 5, 2016

Yes I used sript runner and added a groovy scripted field, but I didn't import any classes.

So I guess I first have to figure that out, right?

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2016

Yes, just import the class, it's easy, look up the api in the link i shared.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2016
import com.atlassian.jira.project.ProjectManager

and then create an instance of this class and call the getProjectCategoryForProject(Project project) method and then you can get projectCategory object and get the name of the category

Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2020

import com.atlassian.jira.project.ProjectManager
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
//Test para Console
def issueKey = "IESD-14862"
def issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager()
def issue = issueManager.getIssueObject(issueKey)
//def issue = issue as Issue
log.info("issue: "+ issue)

def projectManager = ComponentAccessor.getProjectManager()
def project = projectManager.getProjectCategoryForProject(issue.getProjectObject())

log.warn(project.name)

Like Danila Bystrov likes this

Suggest an answer