Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get old issue view?

Matthew Wong September 19, 2018

Using cloud, how to turn off new issue view? Can't find option in profile preferences.

11 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2018

Hi @Matthew Wong

The documentation says:

We also know you use a lot of fields in the Jira Software issue view. If the new view doesn't have exactly what you need for now, you can turn it off in your profile. To turn off this view:

1. Select your avatar and choose Profile
  2. Turn off the New Jira issue view toggle under Labs

jira profile.jpgThis is my profile, where next?

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2018

According to the Shannon Spaniol post  it is no more possible to turn off the new issue view

Regards

solved, have to be on personal, not administration profile.

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2018

When you just click on your avatar do you have something like this ?

Capture.PNG

Prashant Samal June 1, 2020

Worked thanks

10 votes
Kurt Callebaut June 18, 2019

old view is the best. :)

8 votes
Eyal Lotem April 23, 2021

The new view is terrible. Two columns that do NOT utilize whole width of screen, watching all text fields through a damn peephole :-(

Brian Sweet April 23, 2021

Not to mention inconsistent (and sometimes non-existent) keyboard shortcuts compared to the old experience.

Like # people like this
Eyal Lotem April 25, 2021

Yeah, keyboard navigation of scrolling? Gone :-(

What the hell is Atlassian thinking??

Are they using their own product?

Like # people like this
André de Zwart May 4, 2021

I'm so happy that I'm not the only one! Those modals and keyboard shortcuts that have disappeared are real productivity killers. 

Like # people like this
Erwin Smith May 19, 2021

Does anyone know if there will be a way to opt out of the new view. I am wasting so much time having to switch to the old view. Why are we forced into a bad update?

Tristan Cooper June 16, 2021

@Erwin Smith they're forcing us into it because nobody wanted to go into it on their own, i've yet to hear anyone compliment the new view :/

6 votes
Ivan Tkachenko June 7, 2019

Hi all,I found solution to turn off new jira view, it works for me, here are details: 

- 1) Click on your avatar in the bottom left

- 2) Choose Personal settings

- 3) Go to Jira labs section

- 4) Turn switcher Off

See it on screenshot below. 

Hope it'll help! 

Screenshot-1.png

Nhan Phan August 28, 2019

it 's works, Thanks very much

Like Ivan Tkachenko likes this
Jaime Saenz October 22, 2019

The Jira Labs section isn't available to me, is there another way?

Matthew Wong October 22, 2019

If you’re using nex gen project it won’t work I believe. However you should be using next gen projects for Jira. If you need to see more fields in the issue view, you can goto project settings and field settings and add the default or custom fields you want to the views in each project. I’m not sure if there is another way to enable the old issue views. Make sure you are administrator for the project you are trying to modify. 

Kurt Callebaut October 22, 2019

Next gen is missing some features to make is suitable for us..
f.e. it has no filters on the boards, Also the backlog setup is different, etc...

We actually need a bit of both project types, So we had too choose the type matching best with our workflow and that is the old project type.

The result is that we are missing creation of issues directly into a column on the board. The old project types create always in backlog, Then you have to move it to the required state/column. But this not a big/blocking issue for us.

5 votes
Elizabeth Petty October 9, 2018

The toggle is off in my profile, but I keep getting the new (difficult to use) version. I have to click the "See the old View" in every ticket I view. is there a different place I can turn this off? Thanks

3 votes
Brian Sweet February 14, 2019

So glad it can be turned off. For me, it takes more clicks and scrolling to do things. Hoping it's not a forced, permanent change soon...

2 votes
Gowri Sankar Suryanarayana February 15, 2021

You could pass the query param "oldIssueView" with the value true

e.g. mycompany.jira.net/issues/CR-1?oldIssueView=true

Ronald Verheul May 19, 2021

Is there a way, method, plugin, addons, trick, whatever to make this parameter permanent in all request to jira?

Like Adam Cameron likes this
Ronald Verheul May 19, 2021

Found the chrome extension 'Request Interceptor' which works perfect.

Like # people like this
Richard Blundell May 16, 2022

This query string has been a life saver for fixing things that went wrong, adding links to existing attachments, viewing markup, etc.  Thanks, Gowri!

2 votes
Sagar May 4, 2020

I closed the banner which used to allow temp switch to old view in a single click. Is there a way to bring that banner back?

Kate Bowen August 3, 2020

Same here. I like the new view, but sometimes need a feature from old view. It was easy to just toggle using that banne.r bUt I accidentaly closed out of it. Any way to turn that back on?

Sagar August 3, 2020

No luck yet...

1 vote
Dev Admin February 17, 2021

They've changed again! Anyone figure out how to view all fields all the time? This is slowing down our productivity big time.

1 vote
Łukasz Franz June 7, 2020

None of the above options works anymore :( there is no setting I can find to switch off that view... any help?

1 vote
nmx_nmorgens February 25, 2020

I turned off the new view because I could never find anything.

Now I can't see how to termporarily see the new view for a Jira just in case it lets me see the description which is in adf tags and invisible to me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events