How to get issues (type=Story) that are linked to other issues (type=Bug)?

Kha-Luan PHAM May 25, 2020

Dear all,

I would need to extract all the issues from our projecy (type=Story) that have been tested by business who created issues (type=Bug) linked to the issue they tested.

From that extract I would need to get the following columns:

- Story id, story summary, story status

- linked Bugs id, bugs status

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Kha-Luan

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2020

Hello @Kha-Luan PHAM

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It is possible to configure a JQL query to return all Stories with a specific link type and export it to a CSV file with the fields you want, however, it is not possible to filter by the issue type of the linked issue (bug).

That being said, if your issues only get linked when have been tested by business and there are no other scenarios that you link them with that specific link-type, you can follow the steps below to achieve your need:

1. Search for your issues using the following JQL query, updating "Issuelinktype" by the type of link you used (Related to, blocked by, etc):
    issuetype = Story and issueLinkType = "Issuelinktype"
  2. In the same issue navigator page, select to display the query in List view, selecting in the Columns menu what fields you want to display in your export:
    Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 17.20.53.png
  3. Then, click on Export and select the option "Export Excel CSV (Current fields)":
    Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 17.25.54.png

Now, if you also link issues using the same link for other scenarios, I would recommend creating a separate link-type to identify the issues that have been tested by business in the JQL.

Let us know if this information helps.

Ana Luiza Chagas March 9, 2023

Hi @Petter Gonçalves 

Is there any function that returns me only the values ​​of the column "Links"?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer