How to find Linked issues without using a plugin

Aisha Apps September 20, 2018

Hi, relatively new to writing JQL but I need to find a way to search for all the issues in other projects that are impeded by our project.

So far I've come up with the following:

project in (Other Projects) AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("Project = Our Project", "is blocked by") OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("Project = Our Project", "is depends on")

I get the following issue:

• Error in scripted function: linkedIssuesOf, see below
  • NoViableAltException(59@[])

Looking at other questions I haven't seen a clean way to do this without the use of a plug in. Is there any know workaround to this limitation?

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2018

Hi @Aisha Apps and welcome to our Community!

I believe the similar question has already been answered:

ScriptRunner throwing NoViableAltException

Please, see the answer by @JamieA

Hope this helps.

Thanks! I used the single quote fix as suggested but now I'm getting another error..

• Error in scripted function: linkedIssuesOf, see below
  • MismatchedTokenException(-1!=39)
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2018

And we have a solution for this problem as well:

Scripted JQL Functions Error

Many thanks to @JamieA

Wow that worked, fantastic thank you.. I guess I just needed to be pointed in the right direction. 

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2018

Glad it worked :)

You're always welcome here. Don't hesitate to ask should you have any difficulties.

Have a nice day!

0 votes
Troy Spetz September 20, 2018

@Aisha Apps Please note that the solution provided to you is available only if you have the licensed plug-in 'Adaptavist Scriptrunner for JIRA'.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events