How to exclude unwanted Labels displayed in Dashboard Column for Story?

For Example: In Story there are 3 different Labels=ABC,Labels=XYZ and Labels=MNP. creating JQL Filter Project=Project AND Labels=ABC, In Dashboard it should display only Lables=ABC, but it displays 2 additional Column with Labels=XYZ, Labels=MNP

1 answer

1 votes

It displays the labels there because they exist and you've configured the dashboard gadget to show you labels.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here, but could you start with explaining "dashboard column" (what gadget?  or what report? etc) and then what you'd like to see from it.

JQL: project in ("EMI - Catalog", "EMI - Product and Item", "EMI - Load/Sync", "EMI - Brand Management") AND labels=Team_Hermes AND Sprint in (openSprints()) AND issuetype in (Story, "Support Ticket") AND cf[10211] != Spike

Gadget: Two Dimensional Filter Statistics
XAxis: Status
YAxis: Labels

Above JQL does not pull only Team_Hermes, if there are more than one Label for that Story, it pulls all the Label and shows in Dashboard as extra Rows.

Ok, yes, that's correct.  It's showing you the labels on the issues you have selected.

Hi Nic,

Can you please let me know how we can avoid other Labels.

You don't.  They're data on the issues you are reporting on.  So when you display the labels field, you get to see the values in the field.

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist]

I also would like some gadgets like this.

For example I want to display the issues with a label matching "Loc_*" and in the gadget (either pie-chart or table) only display these matching labels.

(Here the use-case would be I want some location based reporting with labels like Loc_Paris, Loc_Berlin ....)

Anyway to achieve this? Maybe have to go to a custom Confluence Report?

Many thanks

It's the same answer - your report says "show me the labels", so it shows the labels on the issues that match "label = loc_*"

I know the current gadget are working "as specified". But still you are not answering to my need.: how to do get what I am requesting. (Same answer does not help)

I have the same question. All the issues to be displayed have two labels, The first indicates the group owning the issue eg Engineering, QA etc and one indicating the functional area where the issue has been reported eg Video, Audio etc. I want to show the functional area only on a pie chart and hide the group information.

itikka I'm New Here Nov 17, 2017

We have the same question. For our project, we use different types of labels. We would like to display subsets of these labels (either specified by the names of the labels or by regex) in a pie chart on the dashboard. How can we do that? If it is currently impossible, can this functionality please be added? (The above replies do not answer this question.)

I face the same question too. It looks messy when I try to create dashboard and it actually list out all the labels including the ones I don't wish to see (although it's labeled to the issue)

Hope to have this function and it would help a lot!

Same here, I have the same need for this type of gadget.  I have labels for customer type and labels for function.  If I want to see the issues by customer type and I use the 2 Dimensional Filter Statistics, I have to scroll past all the other labels that I don't want to see in this context.

What I don't understand is how pie charts keyed to the label field decide which label to display for an issue with multiple labels.

For instance, I have 2 issues. One has a single label "A" and the other has "B" and "C".

Will the pie chart be split in half, with two issues illustrated? One side is "A" and the other side is... "B" or "C"?

Or will the pie chart be split into thirds, with a slice for "A", "B", and "C"? What will the Total Issue count be?

It's a third - you've got three labels to display counts for.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

239 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot