How to enable: jira-projects-plugin:summary-panel?

Zawistowski Grzegorz December 9, 2015

How could I enable jira-projects-plugin:summary-panel. Or edit Summary panel?

Please help.

I have got this — Module Cnnot be modified:

SummaryPanel.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2015

To enable it, go to manage add-ons, find the system add-on and click "enable" on the module

To edit the summary panel, you're going to need to amend some core code (probably better to create a new add-on with a new panel and turn off the system panel)

Zawistowski Grzegorz December 10, 2015

Please Nick look for my screens.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2015

Expand the modules list with the + button

I have got now - Module cannot be modified, Look at upper screen Nic.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2015

That's just one part of it. What about the module for what you're actively trying to disable?

It shows on of downstairs of screen. The Summary of Project, Issues, Raports and Graph. I wantto sii like on a last down screen.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2015

I'm really sorry, I don't understand that. Going back to the original question though - the summary is enabled by default, and all the modules are enabled, so I don't understand why you want to enable it again. It's already there.

Because in developer machine I have got disabled this. How could I enable this. And how prepere myself project Tab?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2015

But it's showing as enabled in the add-on list. So we're looking in the wrong place. The question now is "what did you do to disable it that you now need to undo?" For creating your own panels, see https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/building-jira-add-ons/jira-plugins2-overview/jira-plugin-module-types/project-tab-panel-plugin-module

All time I don't know this panel exist. The man come to firm and something Click, and this Panel Show. But I don't know what He click.

I don't know which buton. Thanks for Link Nic :) And did You know how to putta raports on it Panel

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2015

I'd guess it's the "project summary" link. To put a report on a panel, you code the report inside a panel. I'm not sure what you're asking for here.

But in XML ? And where is java then to the raport ? I want to prepere create a new add-on with a new panel which sutable my needs. For example 2-3 raports on panel, and some more links. How could I Disable/Enable the system panel like this one on my last screen in this page.

I find solution. I asked this mam and it should go to Project nawigator, and choose Disable project navigation for all users

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2015

For the "report in a panel", please read through the development documentation I pointed you to earlier - that sketches out how to get data into a panel.

Zawistowski Grzegorz December 11, 2015

Thanks Nic :)

And where should i put this xml file to write my own Tab Panner Summary Panel for project.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2015

Sorry, what xml file?

This XML file Nic, it's POM file? https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/building-jira-add-ons/jira-plugins2-overview/jira-plugin-module-types/project-tab-panel-plugin-module <!-- The class defined should implement com.atlassian.jira.plugin.projectpanel.ProjectTabPanel and it may be useful to use the functionality provided by com.atlassian.jira.plugin.projectpanel.impl.GenericProjectTabPanel. --> <project-tabpanel key="roadmap-panel" name="Road Map Panel" class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.projectpanel.impl.VersionsProjectTabPanel"> <description key="projectpanels.roadmap.description"> A roadmap of the upcoming versions in this project. </description> <label key="common.concepts.roadmap" /> <!-- this is a number defining the order of all panels. The system panels are 10, 20, 30 and 40. --> <order>20</order> <!-- this template produces the HTML for the panel --> <resource type="velocity" name="view" location="templates/plugins/jira/projectpanels/roadmap-panel.vm" /> <!-- this properties files contains i18n keys for the panel --> <resource type="i18n" name="i18n" location="com.atlassian.jira.plugins.projectpanels.roadmap" /> <!-- this parameter prevents the heading from appearing at the top of the tab panel area --> <param name="noTitle">true</param> </project-tabpanel>

0 votes

But there Nic Isn't any Enable buton:

JiraProjectsPlugin.png

I must have got the plugin like this:

JiraSummary.png

Suggest an answer