How to disable log work for a specific issue type?

PC May 28, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Logging work on issues

I want to restrict user for not logging work/time against issue type other than Story. How to do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2016

You can set it up so that you have different workflows for Story and Bug.  Then, on the Bug workflow, add the property jira.permission.work.denied with no value to all the steps.  See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/workflow-properties-189949.html for more.

Deleted user March 28, 2018

Awesome, worked for me! Very easy and useful to implement. Thank you :-)

Dnyaneshwar Ramesh Borase March 13, 2019

Hello Nic,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Our requirement is;

We want to disable log work for a specific issue type (Type A) for Project_1 and same issue type (Type A) want to enable log work for Project_2.

Is this possible? if yes, then how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dnyaneshwar

Margaret Boisvert May 15, 2019

You would need to use a different workflow for each project.  The properties are not conditional

Johan Geens August 21, 2019

The solution to add a property to the workflow works as long as you are in the issue-view screen, but work logging is still there in Tempo Timesheets. So, it should be available in Tempo to select on which issue type it is possible to log work or not.

Is is available in Tempo 8 ?

Like Florian Reichl likes this
Florian Reichl February 23, 2021

Any updates on that?

0 votes
PC May 28, 2016

For E.g. if I want users to log time against only story and not bugs. How can we do this ?

Madan Deshpande June 15, 2020

You can set it up so that you have different workflows for Story and Bug.  Then, on the Bug workflow, add the property jira.permission.work.denied with no value to all the steps.

Like PC likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events